- What information does Unitek Software Private Limited collect about me? Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), your job, course information, your personal interests, credit card or billing information, shopping selections and data about the pages you visit on our site, as well as any other personal information relating to you or a third party that you supply to us.
- How does Unitek Software Private Limited collect my personal information? We collect your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
- Work out how many times our site has been visited.
- Record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site.
- Show you information that is relevant to you at your location, such as which products are available for purchase at your location.
- Ensure that you are able to purchase from our site.
- What will Unitek Software Private Limited do with my personal information? We and our group companies may use your personal information to process your online purchases, to inform you about products and services offered by us, to improve the products and services offered to you, for market research purposes, for marketing, statistical or analytical purposes, and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers. We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent.
- Contact you with more information on our products and services, in accordance with your preferences.
- Inform you of activities on our site.
- Invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and prize draws and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums.
- Email marketing and opt-out We will only send you marketing emails in accordance with your preferences. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email. Some Unitek Software Private Limited sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe.
- How does Unitek Software Private Limited keep my personal information safe? We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information. In particular, provided your browser accepts Secure Sockets Layer encryption, we seek to protect your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information.
- Will Unitek Software Private Limited share my personal information with anyone else? We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share personal information with the third parties listed below. Because the Internet is a global environment, you acknowledge that this will include the transfer of your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area which may not have the same data protection laws. We may share your personal information:
- With our group companies, or any entity which acquires any part of our business.
- With our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites).
- With third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default.
- If required or permitted by law.
- With relevant third parties (such as your employer, your school, your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites).
- With other third parties as long as it is lawful to do so.
We may from time to time supply third parties with anonymous data of use in connection with our site.
In particular, we may use your information to:
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, bulletin boards and forums).
We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.